When you're feeling overwhelmed and emotionally drained, it can be challenging to know where to start. Here are some small manageable steps that can help with overload and move you towards feeling better:
1. Take a few deep breaths when you are feeling overwhelmed: Take just 5 minutes in your day to pause and take a few deep breaths. Focus on inhaling slowly through your nose and exhaling through your mouth. This can help to calm your nervous system and reduce stress.
2. Drink water: Dehydration can contribute to feelings of fatigue and low mood. Drink a glass of water or fill up a water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day.
3. Take a short walk: Exercise can help to boost mood and reduce stress. Take just 15 minutes in your day to go for a short walk, even if it's just around the block or up and down a flight of stairs.
4. Write down your thoughts and feelings: Sometimes, putting your thoughts and feelings on paper can help to make them feel more manageable. Take just 5 minutes in your day to jot down your thoughts and feelings in a journal or notebook.
5. Make a list of the top 2 priorities for the day and focus on completing those tasks first.
6. Spend 10 minutes decluttering a small area of your living space to create a sense of order and calm.
7. Practice gratitude by taking a few minutes each day to reflect on what you are thankful for.
8. Take a break from technology for 30 minutes before bedtime to help improve sleep.
9. Try a new healthy recipe or meal prep for the week to nourish your body.
10. Practice setting boundaries by saying no to one request or invitation that you feel overwhelmed by.
Remember, even small actions can have a big impact when it comes to self-care. By taking just 5 to 15 minutes in your day to prioritize your well-being, you can gradually build up healthy habits and make a big impact on your overall well-being. Remember, taking care of yourself is not selfish - it's an important part of being able to care for others.
Remember, self-care is a journey, and it's important to start small and build gradually. By incorporating some of these manageable steps into your routine, you can begin to prioritize your well-being and move towards a more balanced and fulfilling life.